Nov 1, 2013

DDCC 2nd Challenge - Create a Lightbox

Hi everybody! :D I hope you're all have a good day :D :D

Here's my post for today :D
Have you checked DDCC blog today? Yes, our 2nd challenge is going live! :D
And guess what the prize is? $20 cash prize for you to spend in any store you like! :D isn't that amazing? :) Don't hesiate to check.
And join our Facebook page here :)

Curious what's this about? 2nd challenge is challenging you about creating a lightbox.
I've been doing some research, herehere, and here :)

Maybe some of you wondering what light box is? :) Light box is a small box, created to help you take a better picture of your product or creation :D it'll create an clean background for your creation, make less distraction for your creation. That a definition from my self, lol.

And the result is this: 


This is how I make the lightbox:

Step 1:
Prepare all the ingredients:
Unused box I found in my office, LOL
Scissors,
Cutter,
Pencil,
Glue,
White Paper,
Ruler
Ah, I forgot to put the tape on the picture.

All of them are easy to find in your house, eh? :) :) 

Step 2:
Mark line about 1" each side, then cut it until it makes the shape below.
My english is poor, I hope the picture explains everything.
I only cut it in 3 side, for the bottom side won't deliver any light.

Step 3:
Put them together, like the third picture. I used tape to get them together :) 

Step 4:
The last, put white papers to cover the box, and your light box is ready to use!! 

This is the result of the light box!!
I did no editing this time :)

The left one is taken with lightbox, with no light. I take it inside.
The second one, the one in the middle is taken without lightbox, in my bedroom.
The last one is taken with lightbox plus lighting with my table lamp from above.

Which one do you like?
I love the last one, taken with lightbox. The only problem is my lighting. I only got one table lamp in my house. If only you added from three other side, the result would be awesome! :D :D

How about trying this outside? :) I will do that later and post the result in my blog asap. I got too much things happened lately :( My parents will move to another city soon, this November, in a few days. We have much things to be packed. And so am I, gonna move to another city on late 2013. I hope everything will be fine. :) :)

I hope you enjoy this post, and join us at 2nd DDCC. Can't wait to see you there :) :)
And also, don't forget to see my DT sisters' blog. They created an amaaazing project! :D :D

Andd, the detail about this card? Do you want to see it? :) :)

There it goes:

This is the colouring detail. I coloured this cutie whimsy stamp called Sweet Sparkle with Copics. I couloured her in pink and purple.
I got many coloured images, just hadn't had the time to create any card :(

Here's the left detail:

I added some pink and purple flowers, pearl chain around the image, and also magnolia dies.

Here's the detail for upper right side. I added three pink pearls, flowers and corner from clay.
You could see that I added white laces, around the square I used behind the image. 

Here's the detail for the right bottom:
Added pink and white ribbon, plus a charm :)
Didn't forget to swap some gesso here and there to create vintage look :D

Vintage yet cute :)
Here's the picture of the card, taken inside the lightbox I just created and lighting from above.
I edited this a little :)

Do you like it?
Plan to create a lightbox? :) It's very useful! :D :D

Would like to enter this card for:


xoxo,

Mikha Adriani



13 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what a difference a lightbox makes? I'm so happy Lisa gave us this challenge!
    Good luck with all of the packing, Mikha. You must be so busy!
    Hugs--
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont worry about your English at all Mikha, you have done a great job talking and taking pics of your project! i also like the third pic the best too, great details shown! excellent tutorial Mikha, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Mikha, your after picture is great and what a gorgeous creation with beautiful colouring. More lights would definitely change the photo you get, but you have more important things to concentrate on like you and your parents moving! Hope both yours and their move goes well. Hugs x
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mikha, your tutorial is great, It is very understandable! Your English is great, just like your lightbox. Your pictures are great. The third picture is most beautiful. Your card is also so beautiful, I really love it, it keeps crossing my mind! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Mikha! Your box is a big success! Nice tutorial and I love the three samples you showed for your results. Very good job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mikha,
    Wow you have done a fantastic job hun. I love the third pic too & agree that if you were to add a few more lights you will have it working wonderfully :) Fantastic English written tutorial with easy steps to follow with. It has made such a difference to your photos hun. Excellent work...oh & that design is absolutely stunning Mikha. I am always envious of your talent. Gorgeous. Good luck with all the moving hun. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs – My Blog
    NEW- Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My designs @ Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute...thanks for playing along with us at DCD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! I also love the step by step light box instructions! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge Blog! We hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card with lots of pretty details! Nice tutorial for a simple and effective light box. Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the light box tutorial! You photographed the steps perfectly I think and your English communicated the process just fine! Your card is beautiful Mikha, a lot of time and effort went into the layers, distressing and details - nicely done indeed! Thank you for playing “Anything Goes” at our house!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave. C
    Personal blog: RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mikha, thanks so much for sharing your tutorial! The last pic´s also my favourite ;)).
    Your card is fantastic - so intricate and detailed. I am really thrilled. You are such a talented young lady!!
    Thanks for visiting our House at 613 Avenue Create - and please come back soon!
    Regards and "Hugs" Renata (DT)
    PS: Best wishes for the "move"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card! Beautiful details and embellies and a such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at ATSC and also thanks for your tutorial on the lightbox. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty card. The one in the middle looks the best to me. Thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create challenge.

    ReplyDelete